Thursday, July 11, 2013

Bridesmaid Lotto by Rachel Astor

Skeptic scale: UNF

Couldn't finish it. It was incredibly 2-dimensional and silly. I don't have the energy to say any more. But I will.

The premise was great actually! The main character wins a lottery to become the bridesmaid of a famous socialite. I'm actually shocked this isn't an actual concept for a reality show. 

America's Next Top Kardashian?
The Real Blondes of Shotgun Island?
Snooki's Next Top Cat Fight?

Unfortunately, it was like all the originality got used up in the premise and the rest of it reads like a amalgam of every girly girl cliche ever written - gay best friend, endless gossippy passages on clothes and makeup, wedding, wedding, wedding stuff. I should have figured, given the title but honestly, I was just WRUNG OUT.

I also found the writing and grammar to be appalling. All stuff that a good edit should have caught...

Skeptic's last word: I guess this was a nice, fluffy read for a person who enjoys a lot of girly stuff. I don't know if this is the BEST example of chick lit, but I guess it may work for some readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment